Ok, so my promise to blog more regularly hasn’t really been fulfilled over the past few weeks. Partly life has gotten in the way, and partly because of an unreliable internet connection.
Anyway I hope this recipe will make up for it.
This recipe was cooked in a conventional oven, but could be easily adapted for a slow cooker. Follow the recipe to step 3, and then place ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Red onioins – 2 (sliced)
Balsamic vinegar – 2 tablespoons
Pork leg – 3lb/1.2kg
Chicken oxo cube
Potatoes – 4 medium sized (halved)
Carrots – 3 (chopped)
Celery – 3 stalks (chopped)
Worcester sauce – 2 tablespoons
Seasoning – salt, pepper, mixed herbs and sage.
Equipment: Chopping board, knife, lidded casserole
- Heat the casserole dish, add the olive oil and onions. Fry on a medium heat until softened.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sautee.
- Remove excess fat from the pork, season and sear on all sides.
- Add the vegetables, stock cubes, seasoning and Worcester sauce.
- Add boiling water until Pork is almost covered.
- Bring to boil, cover and place in preheated oven (160°C/ Fan 140°C/ Gas 3).
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Remove meat to carve (though it’ll probably fall apart more than more than slice!). The stock can also be reduced if a thicker gravy is desired.