This is super quick syn free meal for the Slimming World Extra Easy diet. It might be a simple recipe but it turned out to be very tasty.
Pork shoulder – 1 lb/450g (well trimmed of fat & cut into chunks)
Garlic – 3 cloves (crushed)
Worcestershire sauce – 2-3 tablespoons
Chicken stock – 1 pint/500ml (homemade or cube)
Carrots – 2 large (sliced)
Potatoes – 6 small (peeled)
Seasoning – mixed herbs, pepper celery salt
Equipment: Slow cooker, frying pan, tongs, chopping board, knife
- Set the slow cooker on high and add the stock to the crock-pot.
- Brown the pork in a dry frying pan (you might need to do it in batches) until well-browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and add to the crock-pot.
- When the pork is almost browned add the crushed garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the pork and seasoning in the crock-pot.
- Deglaze the frying pan with a little water and add that too.
- Leave on high for an hour if you can, and then turn to low for about 8 hours.