Pasta is free on the Slimming World Extra Easy diet, but with the restrictions on the amount of cheese and olive oil you can eat for free, and butter loaded with syns it can be hard to know what to put with it to give it some flavour, especially if you’re having it as a side dish and just want to make something quickly. Lots of ready-made pasta sauces are full of syns, and you get a bit sick of just using passata and tomato-based sauces. This sauce is derived from my Healthier Carbonara recipe, and uses only eggs and a little parmesan to make the most wonderfully creamy sauce without the cream and without syns!
These quantities are for a side dish and goes well with grilled and roasted meat and salad.
Pasta, a long thin pasta is best, such as tagliatelle, linguine, fettucini or spaghetti – 2oz/55g per person
Eggs, large – 1 per person
Parmesan – ¼-½oz/7-14g (from you healthy extra calcium allowance) finely grated
Seasoning – lots of freshly ground black pepper and a good pinch of salt
Equipment: Pasta pan, bowl, fork/whisk, wooden spoon/ spatula, spaghetti server
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water until tender.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and parmesan, and season.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan (off the heat), and pour in the egg/parmesan mix.
- Stir really well until it starts to thicken and coats the pasta.
- Serve with plenty of black pepper.