This definitely isn’t an authentic curry, but very much a lazy cheat’s version. On the plus side it’s really quick to prepare, very tasty and completely syn free on Slimming World Extra Easy!
Being quite big turkey thighs will provide about 3 portions. Great served with rice.
Turkey thigh – 1 whole (skinned & trimmed of any fat)
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Tandoori mix – 2 tablespoons
Passata – 500g
Garlic powder – ½ teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1-2 tablespoons
Equipment: Baking dish, saucepan, spoon
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the turkey thigh and coat with the tandoori mix.
- Cover and put in the fridge for as long as you can. Take out an hour before cooking.
- Heat the passata in the pan and the spices. Bring to a simmer and pour over turkey.
- Recover the turkey and place in a preheated oven (180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4) for about 2 hours until cooked through and falling off the bone.
- Turn and baste a couple of times through cooking.