Another tasty syn free recipe for my Slimming World Extra Easy diet, which like my Syn Free Tandoori Chicken Thighs will hopefully stop you heading for the takeaway! This dish gives you all the flavours you love when eating Chinese food without all the calories that go along with that, and the temptation of all the extras, like starters and prawn crackers!
Just like my other recipe this one is super quick to make, and can be prepared in the morning (or even the night before) so you can just stick it in the oven at night.
Chicken thighs – 2 per person (skinned with any visible fat removed)
Soy Sauce – 3 tablespoons
Chinese five spice powder – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 6 cloves (thickly sliced)
Ginger – a thumb sized piece (peeled & cut into sticks)
Equipment: Chopping board, knife, baking dish, tin foil, wire rack/trivet
- Put the chicken in the baking dish and coat with the soy sauce and sprinkle over the five spice powder.
- Add the garlic and ginger on top and under the chicken thighs.
- Cover and put in the fridge until an hour before needed. Turn in marinade occasionally if you want.
- Cover with tin foil and place in a preheated oven (200°C/Fan 180°/Gas 6) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take out the chicken and pour the juices into a mug.
- Place the wire rack in the baking dish, put the chicken on top and pour the juices back over the chicken.
- Put in the oven, uncovered, for another 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.