Another tasty low-syn slow cooker recipe for my Slimming World Diet at just 1 syn per serving. This recipe was a slight variation of my Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Fillet recipe, and was great served on a baked potato or you could serve it with rice or even pasta.
This recipe serves 2. I had a fair amount of sauce left, so I’ve frozen it to use as a cooking sauce for another recipe.
Pork shoulder – 1 1/2lb/ 750g (trimmed of fat and cubed)
Passata – 12oz/350g
Hot water – 5 fl oz/150ml
Chicken stock cube – ½ cube
Chipotle paste – 3 tablespoons (1½ syns)
Olive oil spray – 7 sprays (½ syn)
Onion – 1 (diced)
Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
Mushrooms – 10 oz/300g (sliced)
Equipment: Slow cooker, chopping board, knife, non-stick frying pan, wooden spoon
- Set the slow cooker on high and put the passata, water, chicken stock, and chipotle paste into the crock-pot.
- Heat the frying pan on a hot heat and brown the pork chunks on all sides (without oil) then add to the crock-pot.
- Make sure the pan is cool then spray in the olive oil. Return to the heat and add the onions and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for five minutes (you might need to add a little water).
- Add the fried food to the crock-pot and stir all the ingredients together.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for about 8 hours.