Ok, this obviously isn’t a diet recipe but it is darn tasty! It’s also very, very easy. Try my Shoulder Steak version of the recipe if you want something with a shorter cooking time.
Pork belly slices – about 2 per person
Chinese five spice – 2-3 teaspoons
Chilli flakes – 1-2 teaspoons
Garlic – 1 clove per slice (finely chopped)
Soy sauce – a few tabelspoons
Honey – a few tablespoons
Equipment: Knife, chopping board, baking tray, tongs, tin foil
- Place the pork belly in the baking tray and season with the five spice and chilli flakes.
- Add the garlic, soy and honey and make sure the meat is well coated in the mixture.
- Cover with tin foil and leave to marinade for as long as you can.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160°C/Fan 140°C/Gas 3 for 1-1½ hours. Turn occasionally if you want.
- Turn the oven up to 210°C/Fan 190°C/Gas 7. Remove the tin foil and drizzle with another tablespoon of honey if you want them extra sticky. Return to the oven for another 20-30 minutes.