To keep all the fibre and goodness that’s in the skin don’t peel the potatoes.
Potatoes – about 2 medium or one large potato per person
Olive oil spray – 14 sprays (enough wedges for 2 people)
Seasoning – celery salt, pepper, smoked paprika, or whatever you fancy/have in the cupboard
Equipment: Chopping board, knife, plate, baking tray, tin foil, pastry brush
- Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Par-cook the potatoes, either boil on the hob or (as I do) just stick in the microwave for about 5 minutes (depending on quantity) until slightly tender.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Fan 190°C/Gas 7. Line the baking tray with tin foil, spray a couple of sprays (about 5) on the baking tray and brush it all over the tin foil.
- Tip the potatoes on to the baking tray and spread out. Use your remaining sprays of olive oil to spritz the potatoes and use the pastry brush again to coat all the potatoes evenly.
- Season and place in the oven for 20-35 minutes until crisp and starting to brown.