So on Monday I started my Slimming World diet, and this was the first dinner I made. Turkey Burgers, Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, and Low Syn Potato Wedges really made me feel like I wasn’t even on a diet, not bad for less than 1 syn for the entire meal! The ingredients for the turkey burgers are totally syn free. I used 7 sprays of olive oil spray, which is 0.5 syn, and that was enough to fry 8 burgers in a good non-stick pan.
This recipe made 8 burgers. We had 2 each. You could freeze any extra, or as I did have them cold the next day.
Minced turkey – 1lb/450g
Garlic – 2-3 cloves (minced
Chilli pepper – 1 removed the seeds if you want (finely diced)
Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
Egg – 1 medium
Seasoning – celery salt and anything else you fancy
Olive oil spray – 7 sprays
Equipment: Chopping board, knife, grater, mixing bowl, plate, frying pan, baking sheet (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Shape into patties – thick or thin it’s up to you.
- Add the oil to the frying pan and heat until hot.
- Thin burgers: place in frying pan, flatten well and cook on a medium-high heat until almost cooked through. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Thick burgers: Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes each side, and finish off in a medium hot (180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4) oven.