Just another quick recipe, with the aid of my Kenwood Chef and the Multi-Mill Attachment. I made a really nice marinade for a sirloin steak in a matter of seconds! I also had plenty of the marinade left for later.
Whole coriander seeds – 2 teaspoons
Whole cumin seed – 2 teaspoons
Smoked paprika – 2 teaspoons
Smoked garlic – 3 cloves (peeled)
Olive oil – a good glug
Sirloin steak – 10oz/300g
Equipment: Mulit-mill/pestle & mortar, spoon, plate, frying pan
- Put the seeds in the multi-mill, attach to Kenwood and pulse until ground.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and olive oil, re-attached to Kenwood and pulse until smooth.
- Pour a couple of teaspoons over each side of the steak. Put any leftover marinade in the fridge.
- Let the steak marinade for as long as you can (in the fridge if longer than an hour).
- Remove from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat for a few minutes until very hot.
- Add the steak and fry for 2 minutes of each side for rare, 3-4 minutes for medium, and 6 minutes for well-done.
- Rest on a warm plate for about 10 minutes before serving.