Give thanks and acknowledgements to the blogger who nominated you:
A massive thank you to Peri over at Peri’s Spice Ladle. Do visit her site for lovely and inspirational Indian recipes.
List 7 of your previous links in the following categories. Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Beautiful Piece, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Pride Worthy:
- Most Helpful – I hope people find my posts on my Kenwood Titanium Chef and the attachments (ice cream maker, blender, multi-mill, and food processor), helpful, for how to make the most of your kitchen gadgets and make preparing food (burgers, shortcrust pastry, cakes) as easy as possible.
- Most Popular – Healthier Carbonara, but probably because it was Freshly Pressed…
- Most Beautiful Piece – The pictures from my Leftovers Steak & Mushroom Pie and a Pie Decorating Dilemma look pretty good to me.
- Most Controversial – I don’t cook anything especially controversial. Maybe my Chilli Chocolate Cornflake Cakes. I do have a penchant for ox cheeks and pork cheeks, which aren’t popular cuts but are cheap and delicious. I’ve posted recipes for Ox Cheek Ragu, Pork Cheek Ragu, and Slow Cooker Braised Pork Cheeks.
- Most Surprisingly Successful – Probably my Slow Cooker Roasted Shoulder of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary. I just did it as an example of a low-maintenance roast for when you’re entertaining, but it gets hits every day.
- Most Underrated – I think my Yorkshire Puddings post is a bit neglected in hits. It was quite an early post, but I’m very passionate about my Yorkshire puds!
- Most Pride Worthy – I’m proud of all my recipes, but I was especially pleased when my idea to make my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork in Barbecue Sauce healthier by using pork fillet instead of shoulder turned out so well.
List 7 things about yourself:
- I am addicted to heels, the higher the better!
- My favourite colour is red.
- I’m a bit short-sighted but I usually only wear my glasses for driving.
- I like horror films but prefer the supernatural ones to the really gory slashers.
- My favourite actor is Johnny Depp.
- My music tastes are quite varied but my favourite is rock.
- I really want a puppy.
Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award:
The Lady in Waiting is a great blog for those interested in British culture.
Putney Farm is a great blog for people who love good food and great cocktails.
Griffin’s Grub is for carnivores and those who love barbecuing.
Sweet & Spicy Life has recipes that look delicious.
Zen of BBQ is another great blog for those lucky enough to live somewhere that BBQ most weeks is possible.
Kitchen Inspirations has loads of delicious healthy recipes.
The Drunken Cyclist blogs about good food and great wine.