You may have seen my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Barbecue Sauce recipe from earlier this month, well I had plenty of the barbecue sauce left over, stored in the freezer. This recipe was born out of a desire you use some of this up. I used sausages because I had them in, but pork or beef ribs would be great cooked in this sauce.
This is not the most aesthetically pleasing dish I’ve ever made, but it is very easy, requires little effort, and most importantly, tastes great! Best served with mashed, baked or hasselback potatoes.
Pork sausages – 6
Barbecue sauce – 1 quantity 10 fl oz/300ml (defrosted)
Equipment: Saucepan, spoon, pyrex roaster
- Preheat the oven to 190°/Fan 170°/Gas 5.
- Heat the sauce in the saucepan and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Taste to see if it needs anything adding (I added a teaspoon of honey and a bit more ketchup). Simmer briskly for 10 minutes so it starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, put the sausages in the roaster and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Coat the sausages well in the sauce and put it back in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Turn once through cooking.
- Served with plenty of the barbecue sauce.