This was an easy week night supper for 2, made up for things lying around in the fridge, that turned out to be tastier and more satisfying than expected. If you’re short on time you could even microwave the potatoes (just make sure you don’t wrap them in the tin foil!).
Baking potato – 2 300-50g
Mushrooms – 6 (sliced)
Garlic – 1-2 cloves (finely chopped or crushed)
Black pudding – 4 slices
Eggs – 2 large
Equipment: Knife, tin foil, chopping board, frying pan
- Wash the potatoes and prick all over with the knife.
- Coat in a few drops of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap in tin foil and cook in a preheated oven (180°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 4) for 1½-2 hours.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of oil to a frying pan, along with the garlic and mushrooms and fry on a medium heat until cooked how you like. Turn out on to a plate, cover with tin foil and put in the oven to keep warm.
- Add more oil to the pan and fry the black pudding, 3-4 minutes on each side. Put them in the oven with the mushrooms when they’re cooked.
- Finally fry the eggs and serve.