It’s British Summer Time, and the sun is shining! What better excuse do you need to drink cocktails? My favourite is the Margarita. The combination of sour, sweet, salt and booze is unbeatable in my book.
Limes – 2 small-medium
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Silver Tequila – 1 fluid ounce
Triple Sec – ½ fluid ounce
Salt – in a salt shaker
Ice – 8 cubes
Equipment: Knife, citrus juicer, cocktail shaker, shot measure, margarita glass
- Half the limes, and juice them.
- Add to the cocktail shaker with the sugar, 2-3 ice cubes and the alcohol.
- Put the lid on and shake well until you can’t hear the ice (that means it’s melted).
- Take one on the juiced lime halves and rub it around the rim of the glass.
- Hold the glass over the sink, pointing downwards, and pour the salt over, turning the glass slowly, so the salt coats the rim.
- Add the rest of the ice to the glass and pour in the cocktail.
- Relax and enjoy!